- 1. advocate, advocator, proponent, exponent, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who pleads for a cause or propounds an idea
- 2. advocate, counsel, counselor, counsellor, counselor-at-law, pleader, lawyer, attorney
- usage: a lawyer who pleads cases in court
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. recommend, urge, advocate, propose, suggest, advise
- usage: push for something; "The travel agent recommended strongly that we not travel on Thanksgiving Day"
- 2. preach, advocate, urge, urge on, press, exhort
- usage: speak, plead, or argue in favor of; "The doctor advocated a smoking ban in the entire house"
All rights reserved.
See also: advocate (Dictionary)