- 1. adagio, musical composition, opus, composition, piece, piece of music, passage, musical passage
- usage: (music) a composition played in adagio tempo (slowly and gracefully); "they played the adagio too quickly"
- 2. adagio, dancing, dance, terpsichore, saltation
- usage: a slow section of a pas de deux requiring great skill and strength by the dancers
- 1. adagio, slow (vs. fast)
- usage: (of tempo) leisurely
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. adagio
- usage: slowly; "here you must play adagio"
All rights reserved.
See also: adagio (Dictionary)