Synonyms of abridged
- 1. abridge, foreshorten, abbreviate, shorten, cut, contract, reduce, decrease, lessen, minify
- usage: reduce in scope while retaining essential elements; "The manuscript must be shortened"
- 2. abridge, restrict, curtail, curb, cut back
- usage: lessen, diminish, or curtail; "the new law might abridge our freedom of expression"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. abridged (vs. unabridged), cut, shortened, half-length, potted, short
- usage: (used of texts) shortened by condensing or rewriting; "an abridged version"
All rights reserved.