WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. deny, abnegate, control, hold in, hold, contain, check, curb, moderate
- usage: deny oneself (something); restrain, especially from indulging in some pleasure; "She denied herself wine and spirits"
- 2. abnegate, surrender, give up
- usage: surrender (power or a position); "The King abnegated his power to the ministers"
- 3. abnegate, deny
- usage: deny or renounce; "They abnegated their gods"
All rights reserved.
See also: abnegate (Dictionary)