Fifty States Quiz
The Mountain Bluebird is the official bird of which state?
In which state was the first revolving restaurant established?
- A revolving restaurant was built atop the Seattle Space Needle in time for the 1962 World's Fair.
"The people rule" is the motto of which state?
To which state were the first slaves brought to America by a Dutch ship in 1619?
Which is the only state with a different design on the front and back of its flag?
The first college to establish coeducation is located in which state?
- Oberlin College in Oberlin, Ohio, was the first college to establish coeducation in 1833. Oberlin College was also the first college to confer degrees on women in 1841.
Which was the first state to abolish capital punishment?
In which state was the first science museum established?
- The museum was founded by the Charleston Library Society in 1773.
Which state was first to join the original 13 states?
- Vermont became the 14th state in 1791.
The flag of which state contains the family crests of the Calvert and Crossland families?
- Cecil Calvert, the second Lord Baltimore, founded Maryland as an English colony in 1634.