Jocks on Film Quiz
All-American linebacker Brian Bosworth made his feature film debut in which of the following action movies?
- Bosworth was Stone Cold back in 1991, way before pro wrestler Stone Cold Steve Austin made it famous.
- Although not known for dishing out a lot of assists in the NBA, Rodman played a weapons dealer for Van Damme in the movie.
What character did former Boston Bruins star Cam Neely play in the hit comedy Dumb and Dumber?
- Neely played Sea Bass, a big bruising knucklehead with a love for beer and beating people up. It was quite a stretch.
What Hall of Fame running back retired from football on July 14, 1966, while on location in England filming the movie The Dirty Dozen?
- Brown was just 30 years old and the reigning league MVP when he called it quits.
New Jersey Nets center and Romanian tall guy Gheorghe Muresan co-starred with Billy Crystal in what recent big-screen comedy?
- Muresan didn't play a basketball player in My Giant like he did in a Snickers commercial, but then again he doesn't play much of one in the NBA either. He did, however, play a Romanian giant, something the 7'7" Muresan didn't need much help with.
What Oscar-winning actress is currently one of the top archers in the United States?
- Davis took up the sport just over two years ago, but is now ranked as one of the countrys top 25 female archers. She has her sights set on competing in the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney.
Which football player-turned-actor played Officer Nordberg in 1988s slapstick comedy The Naked Gun?
- Before his notorious fall from glory, Simpson was really starting to make a name for himself in Hollywood. Among others, he also played a role in the 1977 movie A Killing Affair and the 1992 thriller No Place To Hide. Hmmm.
New York Yankees pitcher Roger Clemens has appeared in several motion pictures. Which of the following films did he not appear in?
- The Rocket Man was convincing enough as a big-league pitcher in Cobb and a jealous redneck in Kingpin, but was not invited to play a scared teen in the sequel to I Know What You Did Last Summer.
Which hulking NBA Hall of Famer joined forces with Arnold Schwarzenegger, playing the role of Bombaata in Conan the Destroyer?
- The former Philadelphia Warriors star later played a real warrior with Schwarzenegger and Grace Jones in this 1984 adventure masterpiece.
This former Detroit Lions All-Pro is best remembered for his one-punch knockout of a horse in the 1974 Mel Brooks film Blazing Saddles.
- Karras, who played the loveable, dim-witted Mongo, was suspended for gambling by the NFL in 1963.