Disney Princesses Quiz
Who was the first Disney princess?
- Released in 1937, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves was based on the German fairytale "Schneewittchen." Snow White isn't only the first Disney princess, but also the youngest as she is only 14.
Who was the first princess to marry into royalty?
- Cinderella is based on the French version of the same name. Cinderella is the first Disney princess to receive the title by marrying her husband, Prince Charming.
What is the name of the princess in Sleeping Beauty?
- Princess Aurora is the protagonist of Sleeping Beauty. Aurora is the princess with the least amount of screen time, and she sings more lines than she speaks.
Which princess is from France?
- Princess Belle, of Beauty and the Beast, is the first princess to be given a home location. Belle is from France and later marries into royalty.
Who was the first non-white princess?
- Jasmine is not only the first non-white princess in the franchise, but she's the first princess to marry a commoner, Aladdin. After her father steps down, she becomes Sultana and Aladdin becomes Sultan.
Who was the first princess to have been based on a real person?
- Although loosely, Pocahontas is the first princess to be based on a real person. The real Pocahontas was born to the Chief of Powhatan and had two princes as portrayed in the movie version.
Who is the only princess to not actually hold the title of princess?
- Mulan is the only Disney princess to not actually hold the title of princess. After the war, she receives the title of Imperial Consul, and her marriage to the General gives her no title, as he is non-royal, too.
Who is the most modern (recently born) of the princesses?
- Princess Tiana (Princess and the Frog) is the most modern Disney Princess, having been born in the 1920s. Tiana also made history as the first African American princess.
Who is the only Disney Pixar princess?
- Princess Merida of Brave is the only Disney Pixar Princess. She is royalty by blood; however, because she does not marry, it is unlikely that she will become Queen.
Which Disney princess' story is not based on a pre-existing character?
- Moana is one of the only Disney princesses whose story is not based on a pre-existing fairytale or story.