Women World Rulers Quiz
Which of these women became the first female prime minister of Pakistan?
- Benazir Bhutto was prime minister of Pakistan from 1988–90 and 1993–96.
Golda Meir was prime minister of which country?
- Golda Meir was prime minister of Israel from 1969–1974.
Who was the prime minister of Great Britain who earned the nickname "Iron Lady?"
- A tough, no-nonsense conservative, Margaret Thatcher was nicknamed the "Iron Lady."
Who was the last queen of the Kingdom of Hawaii, before it became the fiftieth state of the U.S.?
- Liliokalani became queen in 1891 following the death of her brother, King Kalakaua. She was a strong voice for native Hawaiians, whose power had been limited by the increasing influence of U.S. settlers in Hawaii. In 1893, U.S. Marines forced her at gunpoint to surrender the throne.
Catherine the Great was the empress of which country?
- Catherine II, or Catherine the Great, was the empress of Russia from 1762 to 1796.
Who was queen of Spain when Columbus undertook his voyages?
- Queen Isabella I was Christopher Columbus's benefactor.
Which of these English queens ruled during the 19th century and had an era named after her?
- Queen Victoria presided over the Victorian era, which lasted from 1837 to 1900.
Which Egyptian queen was immortalized by a famous statue?
- A limestone bust of Queen Nefertiti has led to her reputation as one of the most beautiful women in the ancient world.
Which of these countries had a female prime minister and was the first country in the world to allow women to vote?
- Helen Clark is currently prime minister of New Zealand. In 1893, New Zealand became the first country of the world to allow women to vote.
Indira Ghandi became prime minister of India after the death of her father, who was India's first prime minister. Who was her father?
- Indira Ghandi was prime minister of India from 1966–77 and 1980–84. Although sometimes mistaken as the daughter of the great Indian reformer Mohandas Gandhi, she was the daughter of Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru.