Can You Name These African Landmarks?
- With only three cones, Kibo is the only one that is not extinct, but only dormant.
What is this crater and conservation area in Tanzania called?
- An extinct volcanic caldera that collapsed into itself millions of years ago, this lush area has thousands of animal species and is home to several endangered mammals.
What is this large and stately statue called in Cameroon?
- Built to commemorate the unity between French and British Cameroon, this monument is important for symbolizing people coming together.
What is this area in the desert called where many Egyptian tombs were found?
- One of the most famous burial spots found in the Valley of the Kings is the Tomb of Tutankhamun, unearthed in November 1922.
What is the smallest of the Pyramids of Giza called?
- The smallest pyramid is also the most complex, with three levels and more details than those of Pharoah Khufu or Khafra's tombs.
What is the name of these majestic falls in Zimbabwe?
- This is also one of the highest waterfalls in the world, towering at just over 2,903 feet.
What is the name of this ancient Egyptian temple, located near Luxor?
- Constructed during the Middle Kingdom period and used through the Ptolemaic period, Karnak is one of the largest religious buildings or complexes with a 54,000-square-foot hypostyle hall.
In Madagascar, what is this unique roadway sight called with towering trees and open sky?
- Some of these incredible trees are over 800 years old, with seeds, fruit, and bark that are used for a variety of medicinal and culinary purposes.
A unique part of the Sahara and located in Egypt, what is this portion of the desert called?
- With striking white sand and pale sandstone deposits that have whittled into giant mushroom shapes, this area of the desert is actually devoid of dangerous animals.
What is this mountain called, located on a peninsula in the northeast corner of the continent, known for its Biblical connotations?
- This mountaintop is traditionally called Jabal Musa and perches on the Sinai Peninsula, a natural land bridge between Asia and Africa.