Updated February 28, 2017 | Infoplease Staff
- Preface to First Edition
- Preface to Second Edition
- The Gods in Council--Miverva's Visit to Ithaca--The Challenge from Telemachus to the Suitors.
- Assembly of the People of Ithaca--Speeches of Telemachus and of the Suitors--Telemachus Makes His Preparations and Starts for Pylos with Minerva Disguised as Mentor.
- Telemachus Visits Nestor at Pylos.
- The Visit to King Menelaus, Who Tells His Story--Meanwhile the Suitors in Ithaca Plot Against Telemachus.
- Calypso--Ulysses Reaches Scheria on a Raft.
- The Meeting Between Nausicaa and Ulysses.
- Reception of Ulysses at the Palace of King Alcinous.
- Banquet in the House of Alcinous--The Games.
- Ulysses Declares Himself and Begins His Story---The Cicons, Lotophagi, and Cyclopes.
- Aeolus, the Laestrygones, Circe.
- The Visit to the Dead.
- The Sirens, Scylla and Charybdis, the Cattle of the Sun.
- Ulysses Leaves Scheria and Returns to Ithaca.
- Ulysses in the Hut with Eumaeus.
- Minerva Summons Telemachus from Lacedaemon--He Meets with Theoclymenus at Pylos and Brings Him to Ithaca--On Landing He Goes to the Hut of Eumaeus.
- Ulysses Reveals Himself to Telemachus.
- Telemachus and His Mother Meet--Ulysses and Eumaeus Come Down to the Town, and Ulysses is Insulted by Melanthius--He is Recognised by the Dog Argos--He is Insulted and Presently Struck by Antinous with a Stool--Penelope Desires that He Shall be Sent to Her.
- The Fight with Irus--Ulysses Warns Amphinomus--Penelope Gets Presents from the Suitors--The Braziers--Ulysses Rebukes Eurymachus.
- Telemachus and Ulysses Remove the Armour--Ulysses Interviews Penelope--Euryclea Washes His Feet and Recognises the Scar on His Leg--Penelope Tells Her Dream to Ulysses.
- Ulysses Cannot Sleep--Penelope's Prayer to Diana--The Two Signs from Heaven--Eumaeus and Philoetius Arrive--The Suitors Dine--Ctesippus Throws an Ox's Foot at Ulysses--Theoclymenus Foretells Disaster and Leaves the House.
- The Trial of the Axes, During which Ulysses Reveals Himself to Eumaeus and Philoetius
- The Killing of the Suitors--The Maids Who Have Misconducted Themselves are Made to Cleanse the Cloisters and are then Hanged.
- Penelope Eventually Recognises Her Husband--Early in the Morning Ulysses, Telemachus, Eumaeus, and Philoetius Leave the Town.
- The Ghosts of the Suitors in Hades--Ulysses and His Men Go to the House of Laertes--The People of Ithaca Come Out to Attack Ulysses, but Minerva Concludes a Peace.