Aitareya-Aranyaka: First Aranyaka, Third Adhyya, Second Khanda
1. And here they ask: ?What is the beginning of this day?? Let him say: ?Mind and speech.?
2. All desires dwell in the one (mind), the other yields all desires.
3. All desires dwell in the mind, for with the mind he conceives all desires.
4. All desires come to him who knows this.
5. Speech yields all desires, for with speech he declares all his desires.
6. Speech yields all desires to him who knows this.
7. Here they say: ?Let him not begin this day with a Rik, a Yagus, or a Saman verse (divine speech), for it is said, he should not start with a Rik, a Yagus, or a Saman.?
8. Therefore, let him say these Vyahritis (sacred interjections) first.
9. These interjections Bhus, Bhuvas, Svar are the three Vedas, Bhus the Rig-veda, Bhuvas the Yag-ur-veda, Svar the Sama-veda. Therefore (by intercalating these) he does not begin simply with a Rik, Yag-us, or Saman verse, he does not start with a Rik, Yagus, or Saman verse.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.