Age-Adjusted Percent Distributions of Body Mass Index (BMI) Among Persons 18 Years Old and Over, by Selected Characteristics, 2003
|Above healthy weight|
|18 to 44 years||2.5||43.6||53.9||33.2||20.7|
|45 to 64 years||0.9||31.8||67.2||38.5||28.7|
|65 to 74 years||1.6||33.3||65.1||39.9||25.2|
|75 years and over||3.7||43.7||52.6||37.3||15.3|
|Black or African American alone4||1.1||30.2||68.7||35.1||33.6|
|American Indian or Alaska Native alone4||2.93||31.9||65.2||33.8||31.4|
|Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander alone4||—||32.13||67.9||42.2||25.73|
|2 or more races5||2.13||39.6||58.3||31.4||26.9|
|Hispanic or Latino origin status6 :|
|Hispanic or Latino||1.1||33.9||65.0||39.8||25.2|
|Not Hispanic or Latino||2.2||39.9||57.9||35.2||22.7|
|Less than a high school diploma||1.8||32.3||65.9||37.7||28.2|
|High school diploma or GED||1.5||33.6||64.9||37.9||27.0|
|Bachelors degree or higher||1.6||44.4||54.0||37.1||16.9|
— Represents zero.
1. Total includes other races not shown separately and persons with unknown characteristics.
2. Estimates for age groups are not age adjusted.
3. Base figure too small to meet statistical standards for reliability of a derived figure.
4. Refers to persons who indicated only a single race group.
5. The “two or more races” refers to all persons who indicated more than one race group.
6. Persons of Hispanic or Latino origin may be of any race.
7. Education is shown only for persons 25 years old and over.
Source: U.S. National Center for Health Statistics, Vital and Health Statistics, Series 10, Number 222, Summary Health Statistics for U.S. Adults: National Health Interview Survey, 2002. From Statistical Abstract of the United States: 2006
|Average Annual Expenditures Per Consumer for Health Care: 1990–2003||Health||Medical Practice Characteristics by Selected Specialty: 1990 to 2001|