Glossary of Chemical Terms - K
- The temperature scale that begins with absolute zero as 0 K.
- An organic compound containing a carbonyl group bonded to two carbon atoms.
- A simple sugar that has the reactions of a ketone.
- Prefix meaning 1000.
- Base unit for mass in metric system.
- kinetic energy
- The energy something possesses due to its motion, depending on mass and velocity.
- kinetic-molecular theory
- A theory of the behavior of matter.
Glossary created by David Shaw (Madison Area Technical College) for The Chemistry Place.
Information Please® Chemistry Place, ©2005 Pearson Education, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.