See D. G. Fink and D. M. Lutyens, The Physics of Television (1960); M. S. Kiver and M. Kaufman, Television Simplified (7th ed. 1973); R. Armes, On Video (1988); K. B. Benson and J. C. Whitaker, Television and Audio Handbook (1990); K. B. Benson, Television Engineering Handbook (1992); D. E. Fisher and M. J. Fisher, Tube (1996).
Sections in this article:
- Evolution of the Scanning Process
- Development of the Television Camera and Receiver
- Development of Color Television
- Broadcast, Cable, and Satellite Television Transmission
- Television Technology Innovations
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Electrical Engineering