Russian literature, literary works mainly produced in the historic area of Russia, written in its earliest days in Church Slavonic and after the 17th cent. in the Russian language.
Sections in this article:
- Early Literature
- Soviet Literature, 1917–39
- An Age of Masterpieces: Late Nineteenth and Early Twentieth Centuries
- World War II to the Present
- Western Influence: The Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries
- Romanticism and Modern Style: The Early Nineteenth Century
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Russian and Eastern European Literature