ye: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (yē), [key]
- (except in some elevated or ecclesiastical prose), O ye of little faith; ye brooks and hills.
- (used nominatively as the plural ofthou,esp. in rhetorical, didactic, or poetic contexts, in addressing a group of persons or things):O ye of little faith; ye brooks and hills.
- (used nominatively for the second person singular, esp. in polite address):Do ye not know me?
- (used objectively in the second person singular or plural):I have something to tell ye. Arise, the enemy is upon ye!
- (used with mock seriousness in an invocation, mild oath, or the like): Ye gods and little fishes!
Pronunciation: (ē spelling pron. yē), [key]
— definite article. Archaic.