yap: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (yap), [key]
— v., n. yapped, yap•ping,
- to bark sharply, shrilly, or snappishly; yelp.
- to talk shrilly, noisily, or foolishly.
- to utter by yapping.
- a sharp, shrill, or snappish bark; yelp.
- Keep your yap shut.
- shrill, noisy, or foolish talk.
- the mouth:Keep your yap shut.
- an uncouth or stupid person; bumpkin; fool.
Pronunciation: (yäp, yap), [key]
- one of the Caroline Islands, in the W Pacific: part of the Federated States of Micronesia. 8482 including adjacent islands; 83 sq. mi. (215 sq. km).
- yap (Thesaurus)