worst: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (wûrst), [key]
— adj., superlative of
- bad or ill in the highest, greatest, or most extreme degree: the worst person.
- most faulty, unsatisfactory, or objectionable: the worst paper submitted.
- most unfavorable or injurious.
- in the poorest condition: the worst house on the block.
- most unpleasant, unattractive, or disagreeable: the worst personality I've ever known.
- most lacking in skill; least skilled: the worst typist in the group.
- in an extreme degree; very much: She wanted a new robe for Christmas in the worst way.
- that which is worst.
- if the worst happens; under the worst conditions: He will be expelled from school, at worst.
- to be defeated by; lose: to get the worst of a fight.
- if the very worst happens: If worst comes to worst, we still have some money in reserve.
- in the most evil, wicked, severe, or disadvantageous manner.
- with the most severity, intensity, etc.; in the greatest degree.
- to defeat; beat: He worsted him easily.
- worst (Thesaurus)