wimple: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (wim'pul), [key]
— n., v., -pled, -pling.
- a woman's headcloth drawn in folds about the chin, formerly worn out of doors, and still in use by some nuns.
- a fold or wrinkle, as in cloth.
- a curve, bend, or turn, as in a road or river.
- to cover or muffle with or as if with a wimple.
- to cause to ripple or undulate, as water.
- to veil or enwrap.
- to ripple, as water.
- to lie in folds, as a veil.
- to follow a curving course, as a road or river.
- wimple (Thesaurus)