Meaning of walk-in
Pronunciation: (wôk'in"), [key]
- of or pertaining to persons who walk into a place from the street, esp. irregularly or without an appointment: walk-in customers; walk-in sales; a walk-in patient.
- large enough to be walked into: a walk-in kitchen.
- a person, as a customer, patient, or interviewee, who arrives without an appointment: Many of the clinic's patients are walk-ins who suddenly need help.
- something large enough to be walked into, as a closet.
- an assured victory in an election or other contest.
- walkin (Thesaurus)