Meaning of wag
Pronunciation: (wag), [key]
— v., n. wagged, wag•ging,
- to move from side to side, forward and backward, or up and down, esp. rapidly and repeatedly: a dog wagging its tail.
- to move (the tongue), as in idle or indiscreet chatter.
- to shake (a finger) at someone, as in reproach.
- to move or nod (the head).
- to be moved from side to side or one way and the other, esp. rapidly and repeatedly, as the head or the tail.
- to move constantly, esp. in idle or indiscreet chatter: Her behavior caused local tongues to wag.
- to get along; travel; proceed: Let the world wag how it will.
- to totter or sway.
- to play truant; play hooky.
- the act of wagging: a friendly wag of the tail.
- a person given to droll, roguish, or mischievous humor; wit.
- wag (Thesaurus)