vouch: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (vouch), [key]
- to support as being true, certain, reliable, etc. (usually fol. by for): Her record in office vouches for her integrity.
- to attest; guarantee; certify (usually fol. by for): to vouch for someone in a business transaction.
- to sustain or uphold by, or as if by, practical proof or demonstration.
- (formerly) to call or summon (a person) into court to make good a warranty of title.
- to adduce or quote in support, as extracts from a book or author; cite in warrant or justification, as authority, instances, facts, etc.
- to warrant or attest; to support or authenticate with vouchers.
- to declare as with warrant; vouch for.
- to call or take as a witness.
- vouch (Thesaurus)