volatile: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (vol'u-tl, -til or, esp. Brit., -tīl"), [key]
- evaporating rapidly; passing off readily in the form of vapor: Acetone is a volatile solvent.
- tending or threatening to break out into open violence; explosive: a volatile political situation.
- changeable; mercurial; flighty: a volatile disposition.
- (of prices, values, etc.) tending to fluctuate sharply and regularly: volatile market conditions.
- fleeting; transient: volatile beauty.
- of or pertaining to storage that does not retain data when electrical power is turned off or fails.
- able to fly or flying.
- a volatile substance, as a gas or solvent.
- volatile (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.