Meaning of unison
Pronunciation: (y'nu-sun, -zun), [key]
- coincidence in pitch of two or more musical tones, voices, etc.
- the musical interval of a perfect prime.
- the performance of musical parts at the same pitch or at the octave.
- a sounding together in octaves, esp. of male and female voices or of higher and lower instruments of the same class.
- a process in which all elements behave in the same way at the same time; simultaneous or synchronous parallel action: to march in unison.
- in perfect accord; corresponding exactly: My feelings on the subject are in unison with yours.
- unison (Thesaurus)