Meaning of underneath
Pronunciation: (un"dur-nēth', -nē'), [key]
- below the surface or level of; directly or vertically beneath; at or on the bottom of.
- under the control of; in a lower position in a hierarchy of authority: Underneath the department heads are the junior executives.
- hidden, disguised, or misrepresented, as by a false appearance or pretense: Underneath his bluster is a timid nature.
- below; at a lower level or position; on the underside.
- lower; situated below or under.
- the bottom; underside; lowest part.
- underneath (Thesaurus)