twenty: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (twen'tē, twun'-), [key]
— n., pl. adj. -ties,
- a cardinal number, 10 times 2.
- a symbol for this number, as 20 or XX.
- a set of this many persons or things.
- a twenty-dollar bill: Can you give me two tens for a twenty?
- the numbers, years, degrees, or the like, from 20 through 29, as in referring to numbered streets, indicating the years of a lifetime or of a century, or referring to degrees of temperature: He lives in the West Twenties. She's in her early twenties. The temperature must be in the high twenties today.
- amounting to 20 in number.
- twenty (Thesaurus)