Meaning of triumph
Pronunciation: (trī'umf, -umf), [key]
- the act, fact, or condition of being victorious or triumphant; victory; conquest.
- a significant success or noteworthy achievement; instance or occasion of victory.
- exultation resulting from victory; joy over success.
- the ceremonial entrance into Rome of a victorious commander with his army, spoils of war, and captives, authorized by the senate in honor of an important military or naval victory. Cf.(def. 2).
- a public pageant, spectacle, or the like.
- to gain a victory; be victorious; win.
- to gain mastery; prevail: to triumph over fear.
- to be successful; achieve success.
- to exult over victory; rejoice over success.
- to be elated or glad; rejoice proudly; glory.
- to celebrate a triumph, as a victorious Roman commander.
- to conquer; triumph over.
- triumph (Thesaurus)