Meaning of triplet
Pronunciation: (trip'lit), [key]
- one of three children or offspring born at the same birth.
- three offspring born at one birth.
- any group or combination of three.
- three successive verses or lines, esp. when rhyming and of the same length; a stanza of three lines.
- Also calleda group of three notes to be performed in the time of two ordinary notes of the same kind.
- an assembled imitation gem with three parts, the center one giving the color, the top and bottom, sometimes genuine, supplying the wearing qualities.
- a sequence of three nucleotides; a codon in messenger RNA and an anticodon in transfer RNA.
- a compound lens in which three lenses are combined.
- (in some card games) three cards of the same denomination.
- triplet (Thesaurus)