trellis: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (trel'is), [key]
- a frame or structure of latticework; lattice.
- a framework of this kind used as a support for growing vines or plants.
- a summerhouse, gazebo, arch, etc., made chiefly or completely of latticework.
- a charge of bendlets overlying bendlets sinister, the whole being cloué at the crossings.
- to furnish with a trellis.
- to enclose in a trellis.
- to train or support on a trellis.
- to form into or like a trellis.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.