Meaning of traveler
Pronunciation: (trav'u-lur, trav'lur), [key]
- a person or thing that travels.
- a person who travels or has traveled in distant places or foreign lands.
- See traveling salesman.
- part of a mechanism constructed to move in a fixed course.
- (in ring spinning) a small metal device that moves rapidly around the ring and guides the yarn onto the revolving bobbin.
- a metal ring or thimble fitted to move freely on a rope, spar, or rod.
- Also called horse. the rope, spar, or rod itself.
- a transverse curtain opened by being drawn from both sides of the proscenium.
- (often cap.) a member of any of a number of traditionally itinerant peoples of the British Isles and other English-speaking areas, including, in addition to people of Gypsy origin, autochthonous groups such as the speakers of Shelta.
- traveler (Thesaurus)