Meaning of transmutation
Pronunciation: (trans"my-tā'shun, tranz"-), [key]
- the act or process of transmuting.
- the fact or state of being transmuted.
- change into another nature, substance, form, or condition.
- the transformation of one species into another. Cf. transformism.
- any process in which a nuclide is transformed into a different nuclide, usually one of a different element.
- the supposed conversion of base metals into metals of greater value, esp. into gold or silver.
- transmutation (Thesaurus)