Meaning of transformation
Pronunciation: (trans"fur-mā'shun), [key]
- the act or process of transforming.
- the state of being transformed.
- change in form, appearance, nature, or character.
- a seemingly miraculous change in the appearance of scenery or actors in view of the audience.
- Also called transform. one of a set of algebraic formulas used to express the relations between elements, sets, etc., that form parts of a given system.
- the act, process, or result of transforming or mapping.
- function (def. 4a).
- See transformational rule.
- the process by which deep structures are converted into surface structures using transformational rules.
- the transfer of genetic material from one cell to another resulting in a genetic change in the recipient cell.
- a wig or hairpiece for a woman.
- transformation (Thesaurus)