Titan: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (tīt'n), [key]
- any of the sons of Uranus and Gaea, including Coeus, Crius, Cronus, Hyperion, Iapetus, and Oceanus.
- Also,Ti&prim;tan&syl;ess.any of the sisters of these, including Mnemosyne, Phoebe, Rhea, Tethys, Themis, and Thia.
- any of the offspring of the children of Uranus and Gaea.
- one of the moons of Saturn.
- (usually l.c.) a person or thing of enormous size, strength, power, influence, etc.: a titan of industry.
- a two-stage, liquid-fueled U.S. intercontinental ballistic missile in service since the late 1950s and designed for launch from underground silos.
- (l.c.) titanic (def. 2).
- titan (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.