Meaning of then
Pronunciation: (en), [key]
- at that time: Prices were lower then.
- immediately or soon afterward: The rain stopped and then started again.
- next in order of time: We ate, then we started home.
- at the same time: At first the water seemed blue, then gray.
- next in order of place: Standing beside Charlie is my uncle, then my cousin, then my brother.
- in addition; besides; also: I love my job, and then it pays so well.
- in that case; as a consequence; in those circumstances: If you're sick, then you should stay in bed.
- since that is so; as it appears; therefore: You have, then, found the mistake? You are leaving tonight then.
- but on the other hand: I found their conversation very dull, but then I have different tastes.
- at that precise time and place; at once; on the spot: I started to pack my things right then and there.
- being; being such; existing or being at the time indicated: the then prime minister.
- that time: We have not been back since then. Till then, farewell.
- then (Thesaurus)