testimony: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (tes'tu-mō"nē, or, esp. Brit., -mu-nē), [key]
— pl. -nies.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- the statement or declaration of a witness under oath or affirmation, usually in court.
- evidence in support of a fact or statement; proof.
- open declaration or profession, as of faith.
- Usually,the precepts of God.
- the Decalogue as inscribed on the two tables of the law, or the ark in which the tables were kept. Ex. 16:34; 25:16.
- a declaration of disapproval; protest.