tambour: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (tam'boor, tam-boor'), [key]
- a drum.
- a drum player.
- Also calleda circular frame consisting of two hoops, one fitting within the other, in which cloth is stretched for embroidering.
- embroidery done on such a frame.
- a flexible shutter used as a desk top or in place of a door, composed of a number of closely set wood strips attached to a piece of cloth, the whole sliding in grooves along the sides or at the top and bottom.
- drum (def. 10).
- a sloping buttress opposite the penthouse, on the hazard side of the court.
- to embroider on a tambour.
- tambour (Thesaurus)