surmount: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sur-mount'), [key]
- to mount upon; get on the top of; mount upon and cross over: to surmount a hill.
- to get over or across (barriers, obstacles, etc.).
- to prevail over: to surmount tremendous difficulties.
- to be on top of or above: a statue surmounting a pillar.
- to furnish with something placed on top or above: to surmount a tower with a spire.
- to surpass in excellence.
- to exceed in amount.
- surmount (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.