Meaning of superficial
Pronunciation: (s"pur-fish'ul), [key]
- being at, on, or near the surface: a superficial wound.
- of or pertaining to the surface: superficial measurement.
- external or outward: a superficial resemblance.
- concerned with or comprehending only what is on the surface or obvious: a superficial observer.
- shallow; not profound or thorough: a superficial writer.
- apparent rather than real.
- insubstantial or insignificant: superficial improvements.
- superficial (Thesaurus)