spend: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (spend), [key]
— v., spent, spend•ing.
- to pay out, disburse, or expend; dispose of (money, wealth, resources, etc.): resisting the temptation to spend one's money.
- to employ (labor, thought, words, time, etc.), as on some object or in some proceeding: Don't spend much time on it.
- to pass (time) in a particular manner, place, etc.: We spent a few days in Baltimore.
- to use up, consume, or exhaust: The storm had spent its fury.
- to give (one's blood, life, etc.) for some cause.
- to spend money, energy, time, etc.
- to be consumed or exhausted.
- spend (Thesaurus)