sneak: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (snēk), [key]
— v., n. sneaked snuck, sneak•ing,
- to go in a stealthy or furtive manner; slink; skulk.
- to act in a furtive or underhand way.
- to tattle; inform.
- to move, put, pass, etc., in a stealthy or furtive manner: He sneaked the gun into his pocket.
- to do, take, or enjoy hurriedly or surreptitiously: to sneak a cigarette.
- a sneaking, underhand, or contemptible person.
- a stealthy or furtive departure.
- tattletale; informer.
- sneaker (def. 1).
- a sneak preview.
- the lead of a singleton in a suit other than the trump suit, as in whist.
- sneak (Thesaurus)