Meaning of slope
Pronunciation: (slōp), [key]
— v., n. sloped, slop•ing,
- to have or take an inclined or oblique direction or angle considered with reference to a vertical or horizontal plane; slant.
- to move at an inclination or obliquely: They sloped gradually westward.
- to direct at a slant or inclination; incline from the horizontal or vertical: The sun sloped its beams.
- to form with a slope or slant: to slope an embankment.
- to make one's way out slowly or furtively.
- ground that has a natural incline, as the side of a hill.
- inclination or slant, esp. downward or upward.
- deviation from the horizontal or vertical.
- an inclined surface.
- Usually,hills, esp. foothills or bluffs: the slopes of Mt. Kilimanjaro.
- the tangent of the angle between a given straight line and the x-axis of a system of Cartesian coordinates.
- the derivative of the function whose graph is a given curve evaluated at a designated point.
- . an Asian, esp. a Vietnamese.
- slope (Thesaurus)