six: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (siks), [key]
- a cardinal number, five plus one.
- a symbol for this number, as 6 or VI.
- a set of this many persons or things.
- a playing card, die face, or half of a domino face with six pips.
- a hit in which the ball crosses the boundary line of the field without a bounce, counting six runs for the batsman. Cf.(def. 3).
- an automobile powered by a six-cylinder engine.
- a six-cylinder engine.
- in disorder or confusion.
- in disagreement or dispute.
- amounting to six in number.
- six (Thesaurus)