Meaning of sip
Pronunciation: (sip), [key]
— v., n. sipped, sip•ping,
- to drink (a liquid) a little at a time; take small tastes of: He sipped the hot tea noisily.
- to drink from a little at a time: The bird sipped the flower.
- to take in; absorb: to sip knowledge at its source.
- to drink by sips.
- an instance of sipping; a small taste of a liquid: One sip told me that the milk was sour.
- a small quantity taken by sipping: Take just a sip, not a gulp or a swallow.
- supplemental income plan.
- sip (Thesaurus)