Meaning of servo
Pronunciation: (sûr'vō), [key]
— adj., n., pl. v., -vos, -voed, -vo•ing.
- acting as part of a servomechanism: servo amplifier.
- pertaining to or having to do with servomechanisms: servo engineer.
- noting the action of certain mechanisms, as brakes, that are set in operation by other mechanisms but which themselves augment the force of that action by the way in which they operate.
- to connect (a mechanism) to another as a servomechanism.
- a combining form used in the names of devices or operations that employ a servomechanism: servocontrol.
- servo (Thesaurus)