seep: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (s?p), [key]
- to pass, flow, or ooze gradually through a porous substance: Water seeps through cracks in the wall.
- (of ideas, methods, etc.) to enter or be introduced at a slow pace: The new ideas finally seeped down to the lower echelons.
- to become diffused; permeate: Fog seeped through the trees, obliterating everything.
- to cause to seep; filter: The vodka is seeped through charcoal to purify it.
- moisture that seeps out; seepage.
- a small spring, pool, or other place where liquid from the ground has oozed to the surface of the earth.
- seep (Thesaurus)