secular: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sek'yu-lur), [key]
- of or pertaining to worldly things or to things that are not regarded as religious, spiritual, or sacred; temporal: secular interests.
- not pertaining to or connected with religion (opposed to sacred): secular music.
- (of education, a school, etc.) concerned with nonreligious subjects.
- (of members of the clergy) not belonging to a religious order; not bound by monastic vows (opposed to regular).
- occurring or celebrated once in an age or century: the secular games of Rome.
- going on from age to age; continuing through long ages.
- a layperson.
- one of the secular clergy.
- secular (Thesaurus)