Meaning of scatter
Pronunciation: (skat'ur), [key]
- to throw loosely about; distribute at irregular intervals: to scatter seeds.
- to separate and drive off in various directions; disperse: to scatter a crowd.
- to refract or diffract (light or other electromagnetic radiation) irregularly so as to diffuse in many directions.
- (of a medium) to diffuse or deflect (light or other wave phenomena) by collisions between the wave and particles of the medium.
- to separate and disperse; go in different directions.
- the act of scattering.
- something that is scattered.
- scatter (Thesaurus)