Meaning of Rome
Pronunciation: (rōm), [key]
- born 1908, U.S. lyricist and composer.
- Italian,a city in and the capital of Italy, in the central part, on the Tiber: ancient capital of the Roman Empire; site of Vatican City, seat of authority of the Roman Catholic Church. 2,600,000.
- a city in central New York, E of Oneida Lake. 43,826.
- a city in NW Georgia. 29,654.
- the ancient Italian kingdom, republic, and empire whose capital was the city of Rome.
- the Roman Catholic Church.
- Rome (Thesaurus)