Meaning of rider
Pronunciation: (rī'dur), [key]
- a person who rides a horse or other animal, a bicycle, etc.
- something that rides.
- an additional clause, usually unrelated to the main body, attached to a legislative bill in passing it.
- an addition or amendment to a document, testament, etc.
- any object or device that straddles, is mounted upon, or is attached to something else.
- a rail or stake used to brace the corners in a snake fence.
- any of various members following and reinforcing primary framing members, esp. a plate or timber running along the top of a keel.
- a former gold coin of Scotland, first issued by James III in 1475, whose obverse bears an equestrian figure of the king.
- any of several gold or silver coins of the Netherlands bearing the figure of a horseman.
- rider (Thesaurus)