Meaning of revise
Pronunciation: (ri-vīz'), [key]
— v., n. -vised, -vis•ing,
- to amend or alter: to revise one's opinion.
- to alter something already written or printed, in order to make corrections, improve, or update: to revise a manuscript.
- to review (previously studied materials) in preparation for an examination.
- an act of revising.
- a revised form of something; revision.
- a proof sheet taken after alterations have been made, for further examination or correction.
- revise (Thesaurus)